As schools, restaurants, and businesses close to prevent the spread of Coronavirus, companies are offering modified services, discounts, and deals to alleviate the closures’ financial, emotional, and technological costs on consumers, institutions, and other businesses. See below for a list of the services and resources for students both in Philadelphia and around the world. Please be sure to read the full terms and conditions of each deal described:
- COVID-19 Mental Health and Coping Resources
- Financial Assistance
- Internet and Data
- University Resources
COVID-19 Mental Health and Coping Resources
- CDC Mental Health and Coping During COVID-19
- Care for your Coronavirus Anxiety
- 7 Science-based Strategies to Cope with Coronavirus Anxiety
- OCD, Anxiety, or Depression during the Coronavirus Crisis
- How to Cope With Anxiety About Coronavirus
- Scholly COVID-19 Student Relief Fund: Apply today to receive $200 in cash assistance to help cover expenses during this global crisis.
Internet and Data
- AT&T and Charter Communications: Free public Wi-Fi for 60 days, broadband for households with students through college age who don’t already have a subscription and removing all usage caps on all accounts
- Comcast: Unlimited data for 60 days with no additional charges
- Internet Essentials: Internet program for low-income families free for first 2 months and costs $9.95 per month after
- Sprint: Expanding free roaming access on T-Mobile for 60 days and unlimited data for 60 days
- T-Mobile: unlimited smartphone data to all current subscribers and increase the data allowance to schools and students using their digital learning programs
- Verizon: Temporarily hold off on any late fees and disconnections and will not terminate service due to economic circumstances to pay bills for 60 days
- Xfinity: Free network for 60-days nationally, waiving late fees, and helping low-income families get connected
- U-Haul: offers 30-day storage free for students who must suddenly move out
- College Boxes: Kit of 5 standard boxes shipping to students for free
Other Resource Lists
- Barron’s: This list also contains special offers and giveaways, particularly related to free or reduced cost subscriptions to aid online learning and work from home formatting.
- Forbes: This list contains 50 companies across many industries that are giving back to their employees and/or customers during the Coronavirus pandemic.
- NBC: This list contains consumer specials classified under the following categories: food, service providers, activities, and ‘other.’
- Sign up for Philadelphia’s Citywide and Neighborhood alerts related to COVID-19 by texting “COVIDPHL” to 888-777.
- Philly Goes 2 College’s COVID-19 Resource Guide: This guide shares information on accessing basic needs, getting home from campus early, completing your semester remotely, and self-care practices
- Free Meals available in Philadelphia
Please see below for additional resources related to:
- Health and Wellness
During these times of great uncertainty, Dornsife reminds you to take care of your physical and mental health.
Find out more information about Drexel’s Counseling Office, Office of Disability Resources (ODR), Drexel Student Health Center (DSHC), Office of Equality & Diversity (OED), Health Insurance, Immunizations & More.
- Academic Support
Have questions about academics in online learning?
Find out more information regarding Drexel’s Bookstore, Center for Learning and Academic Success Services, Disability Resources, Drexel Writing Center, English Language Center, Graduate College, Information Technology, Library, and Steinbright Career Development Center
- Personal support
Looking for additional personal resources?
Find out more information about Commuter Student Resources, International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS), International Student Resources, Office of the Ombuds, Office of Spiritual and Religious Life, Student Center for Diversity and Inclusion, and Office of Veteran Student Services.
- Drexel Central
Looking for answers to your general University concerns?
Find out more information regarding Financial Aid and Federal Work Study Program.