Pay Rate: $15/hr
Anticipated Hours: 5-10 hrs/wk
Start Date: Jul 5, 2022 (negotiable)
A Graduate Assistant for the Queer Inclusion, Equity, Health, & Rights (QuIEHR) Working Group of
Dornsife School of Public Health is sought to support event planning and stakeholder communication to
meet group objectives for the 2022-2023 academic year. The Graduate Assistant’s primary
responsibilities will include the planning, coordination, and implementation of an inaugural Sexual and
Gender Minority (SGM) Health & Human Rights Symposium to be held virtually in March 2023. Other
tasks may include the creation of websites, newsletters, and other communication materials to inform
and engage the broader Drexel community in working group activities.
• Planning, coordinating, and implementing SGM Health & Human Rights symposium:
Facilitating symposium planning committee meetings
Coordinating symposium volunteers
Planning logistics for virtual events
Communicating with speakers, presenters, and attendees
Supporting development of marketing materials
• Developing and implementing regular working group communication plan with internal and external stakeholders through website development, newsletter dissemination, and/or listserv
• Organizing quarterly speaking events in collaboration with other Drexel or external partner entities
• Conducting outreach to relevant practice-based community organizations to support external partnerships to advance working group objectives
• Other relevant duties as assigned.
• Knowledge about SGM health disparities and/or experience working with SGM populations to advance public health and human rights
• Majoring in public health discipline at graduate or undergraduate level;
• Can commit to position through March 31, 2023
• Experience with event planning/coordination.
• Please send a resume and cover letter that describes your interest and fit for the position to
Casper Voyles, Ph.D., MPH at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin on
6/22 and continue to be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Pay Rate: $15/hr