Virtual Orientation combines opportunities to connect one-on-one and in group settings with students, faculty, and staff. Each week, we’ll post opportunities to participate in live Zoom events and self-paced Blackboard Learn modules that are essential to learning about Drexel’s systems and your success.
Continue to check this page for the Virtual Orientation weekly theme and schedule. Included in the schedule are details on the topic, date, time, location or method, and intended audience as applicable.
Want an update as soon as the schedule is announced? Subscribe to DASH to get all announcements instantly emailed directly to your Drexel inbox!
Method of Delivery
To participate in Virtual Orientation, you will need the following items:
- A computer that has video and audio functionality
- Access to internet and Chrome
- Your Drexel Zoom and Blackboard Learn accounts
- While not required, we recommend the use of headphones as to not be distracted by background noise
Accessing Virtual Orientation
Virtual Orientation offers both synchronous sessions (scheduled and live) and asynchronous sessions (self-paced modules) and can be viewed via Zoom, Drexel University’s online meeting and video-conferencing service, and Blackboard Learn, Drexel University’s Learning Management System.
Zoom is the service you will use to remotely, or virtually, attend classes, events, appointments, or meetings, and Orientation is a perfect opportunity to become familiar with this system before classes begin this fall. You will be able to access Zoom as soon as you pick up your Drexel account.
Blackboard Learn is where your coursework will be located, and Orientation is a perfect opportunity to become familiar with this system before classes begin this fall. You will be able to access Blackboard Learn as soon as you pick up your Drexel account.
To learn more about the method of delivery for sessions, please review the following terms:
- Remote Asynchronous (ASY) – Session is designed for students to complete remotely on their own time, as listed in the week-by-week schedule outlined below.
- Remote Synchronous (SYN) – Session will occur remotely at the date and time as listed in the week-by-week schedule outlined below.
Are you experiencing technical issues? Drexel IT offers technical assistance Monday through Friday from 8:00AM to 5:00PM. Contact IT.