- When is Orientation held?
- Is Dornsife Orientation mandatory?
- I am an international student. Do I need to attend New International Student Orientation?
- I am currently attending or previously attend Drexel for my undergraduate degree. Do I need to attend Orientation?
- Is there a dress code for Orientation?
- Directions and Maps
- Where should I stay for Orientation?
- Is there Wireless Internet (WiFi) available?
- I need accommodations.
1. When is Orientation held?
Please save the following dates for the New Student Orientation. The orientation schedule will be posted late summer 2020.
Monday, September 14-Friday, September 18, 2020
Nesbitt Hall (3215 Market St.)
2. Is Dornsife Orientation mandatory?
Graduate students are encouraged to attend the Graduate College University-Wide Orientation. If you have a conflict or concern, please contact Phi Nguyen.
3. I am an international student. Do I need to attend New International Student Orientation?
Yes. There is a mandatory workshop for International Graduate Students, hosted by International Students and Scholars Services (ISSS). See information for New International Students.
4. I am currently attending or previously attend Drexel for my undergraduate degree. Do I need to attend Orientation?
Yes. Orientation is mandatory for all first-year graduate students.
5. Is there a dress code for Orientation?
The dress code for Orientation is business/casual. The dress code for the Pinning Ceremony is business/formal.
6. Directions and Maps:
Orientation is held in Nesbitt Hall, located at 3215 Market Street, Philadelphia PA, 19104. Find parking information, maps, and directions from different parts of the country, as well as public transit directions.
7. Where should I stay for Orientation?
Drexel offers discounted hotel rates for guests and family members. However, the University does not provide temporary housing accommodations for students, families, or guests. It is recommended that students make arrangements for long-term housing well before arriving for Orientation. Please visit the University Resources page to learn more about Housing resources.
8. Is there Wireless Internet (WiFi) available?
Yes, there are multiple wireless networks at Drexel. DragonFly3 is the University’s preferred wireless network. It offers the best security and performance. It’s supported on computers, tablets and phones. DragonFly3 is available to all students, faculty, and staff with a current University user ID.
9. I need accommodations.
Students who register for and receive accommodations through Disability Resources can receive academic accommodations, housing accommodations and/or dining accommodations. Please contact the Office of Disability Resources at 215.895.1401 or email@example.com.