Each year, graduate students are selected to participate in the IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Anti-racism) Graduate Fellowship. The IDEA Graduate Fellows lead and support efforts and activities at DSPH to promote diversity, inclusion, equity and anti-racism. Ideal candidates share the values of diversity, inclusion and anti-racism and are committed to the expression of these values through all DSPH activities.
- Dornsife’s Action Plan to Enhance Diversity, Inclusion, Equity, and Anti-Racism
- Diversity and Inclusion Graduate Fellows
- IDEA Graduate Fellow Position Description
Note: please check back for August 2022 position description.
- Online Application, Essay, and Resume
Note: please check back for August 2022 application.
- Additional Student Funding
Each fellow has a primary area of emphasis and works with an Assistant Dean, Associate Dean, or faculty member to develop, implement, and/or evaluate DSPH initiatives in these areas of emphasis. Some example areas of interest include: anti-racist curriculum development, student activities and affinity group programming, data gathering or survey development/survey analysis, creating initiatives to support and enhance diversity, and anti-racist training. The area of emphasis will be determined jointly by the candidate, based on their stated interests in the application process, and the Associate Dean for Diversity, Inclusion and Faculty Development when the fellow is appointed.
Candidates must have:
- A strong understanding of diversity, equity, inclusion, multiculturalism concepts and issues, especially as they apply to general climate and to the student experience
- Leadership qualities
- Interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Organization skills
- A commitment to leading anti-racist work within a diverse student population in an urban environment
- For questions, comments, or suggestions regarding the current IDEA fellows, please contact IDEAfellows@drexel.edu.
- For questions about applications and awards, please contact Phi Nguyen at email@example.com.
- Learn more about Student Funding.
- For questions about diversity at Dornsife, please contact Scarlett Bellamy at firstname.lastname@example.org.