Our mission is to provide education, conduct research, and partner with communities and organizations to improve the health of populations. We view health as a human right and have a special commitment to improving health in cities, eliminating health disparities, and promoting health in all policies. Dornsife SPH faculty, staff and students are committed to the following:
- Health as a human right and the importance of social justice to health
- Integrity, rigor, critical thinking, and self-reflection in research, scholarship, and education
- Translation of knowledge into actions to improve population health and eliminate health disparities
- Sustainable and equitable community partnerships
- Inclusiveness, diversity, empathy and respect for others regardless of position or status
- Human dignity and open and honest dialogue
- Service to local communities while recognizing the value of a global perspective
The work of equity, diversity and inclusion is the work of Public Health. We are committed to a future that is free of health inequities, that promotes the highest level of wellness for the communities we serve, and a diverse and inclusive public health workforce that embodies humility, respect, leadership and service on behalf of, and with, the diverse communities we are privileged to serve.
For more information about the Student Center for Diversity and Inclusion and Resource spaces, please click here. For more information about mandatory reporting and referral responsibilities, click here.