Public health is such a wide-reaching net. It can be difficult to navigate this sea of career opportunities. Exchange is here to clear the murky waters and distill clarity. Exchange: The Women’s Health Edition points the compass squarely to the health of women, which is integral to the function and furtherment of society. We know healthy women improve the health outcomes of their families and communities; yet, women are facing more health challenges than ever before, including decreased access to essential health and community services; increased risk for certain diseases (when compared with men); and increased risk for violence against them. Fortune smiles on us as we explore the various vocations that provide hope, help, access, and stability to the women they serve. Exchange connects students with panelists who each detail the path taken through education, experience, and employment that led to their current position in women’s health care. Broaden your horizons and set your course to a new, rewarding destination with Exchange.
Date and Time: Friday, March 31, 2023 | 1:00–2:30 PM EST
Location: Online. Information to access the course will be sent upon registration.
- Sydney Etheredge, MPH, President and CEO, Planned Parenthood of Western Pennsylvania
- Nancy Mautone-Smith, MSW, LCSW, Director, Office of Women’s Health, Health Resources and Services Administration
- Kathryn G. Schubert, MPP, CAE, President and CEO, Society for Women’s Health Research
- Hannah Sheehy, MPH, Public Health Analyst for Policy, DC Department of Health HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis, STD and TB Administration
- Stephanie Spencer, BSN, RN, LCCE, CLC, Executive Director, Urban Baby Beginnings
Target Audience: This session is primarily intended for students participating in a MAR-PHTC Field Placement or Collaborative Project, but all are welcome.
Technology Requirements: This interactive session is presented through the Zoom Internet-based platform. A computer with a high-speed internet connection and the ability to download and run this platform is required.
How to Register
- Log on to marphtc.pitt.edu and sign in or create an account by visiting https://lms.marphtc.pitt.edu/login/index.php.
- Navigate to the Training/Upcoming page and select the course for which you’d like to register and click the “Enroll” button under Course Registration at the bottom of the page.
- You will receive an email confirmation that contains important information about the course.
For more information about this course or assistance with registration, contact email@example.com.
Click here to register.
Registration closing date: Thursday, March 30, 2023 at noon Eastern.