Request for Proposals
In order to promote urban health research and to train the next generation of urban health researchers, the UHC is pleased to support dissertation projects with a focus on understanding and improving health in cities. Projects must align closely with the UHC’s mission. Example activities that may be supported by the award include but are not limited to:
- Primary collection of quantitative or qualitative data (e.g., supplies, participant incentives, travel costs, transcription costs)
- Research assistant from the masters or undergraduate level
- Purchase of software or software training
- Costs associated with acquiring or storing data sets
- Participation in focused training activities specifically relevant to the project and not available through normal coursework
- Up to $500 to support presenting this research at an academic conference
Up to 2 awards will be made in response to this request for proposals. The maximum budget requested for each award is $5,000. Proposals requiring international travel may request up to an additional $2,000 (i.e., total award amount maximum of $7,000). The UHC will convene a review committee to select awardees.
Please email email@example.com for questions related to the UHC or the application process.