Dornsife is looking to hire two Coordinator Positions for Summer Public Health Institute. Drexel’s Public Health Summer Leadership Institute was created to involve and support highly motivated high school students who wish to experience a pre-college program, academic challenge, and/or summer program. The goal for all participants is to explore the various aspects of public health, promoting health to all and creating a healthier Philadelphia! The PHI Coordinators will work with students entering their junior or senior year while exploring all facets of public health, from advocacy to policy-making, health administration and management, preventive health, the environment and its impact on health outcomes, and the fascinating world of epidemiologists. The Coordinator Position will run from July 5th through August 12th. The Coordinators would be responsible for:
- Serve as a positive role model and mentor to juniors and senior high school students
- Assist with the planning and implementation of Drexel’s Public Health Summer Leadership Institute, specifically with field trips, learning activities, lessons/course creation, and delivery, supervision and mentorship of high school students, and oversight of external activities
- Develop and deliver a Public Health 101 activity to introduce students to the field of public health
- Develop, supplement and make adjustments to the summer institute curriculum as needed.
- Facilitate small group discussions and assist students throughout the week as needed.
- Coordinate the final culminating activity or project of the institute
- Serve as a mentor for the final culminating activity of the students
- Navigate virtual environments via TEAMS, ZOOM, or other as needed
- Work with community partners in public health to plan and organize activities for students
- Evaluates the program and make recommendations for improvements
These positions will be paid.
Note: These positions are intended for doctor-level students, but recent graduates and Master’s students may apply as well
Please submit your letter of interest, resume, and cover letter to Tariem Burroughs (email@example.com) by June 30, 2022. You are welcome to reach out to discuss more on this position.