Looking for a fun leadership opportunity? Want to share your Dornsife journey with incoming students? Sign up to be an Orientation Leader (OL)!
Student Affairs is seeking motivated, passionate undergraduate and master’s students to help welcome incoming students during Orientation. Dornsife Orientation offers virtual sessions the week before Welcome Week (September 7-10), and in person sessions during Welcome Week (September 13-17). See below to learn more about being an OL and about Dornsife Orientation 2021:
Why sign up to be an OL?
- Make new friends with current and incoming students
- Gain leadership experience to add to your resume
- Give back to the Dornsife community
- Get access to Welcome Week social events
- Free Dornsife swag
A mandatory one-hour training via Zoom will be provided to OLs detailing the schedule and responsibilities on Wednesday, August 18 at 6:00PM EST.
What to expect as an OL:
- Communicate with students prior to Orientation by utilizing social media, calling, texting, and emailing campaigns
- Welcome new students during Orientation by sharing experiences about student life and promoting interactions among groups of new students
- Facilitate icebreakers and small group discussions on college transition-related concerns and opportunities
- Attend the Welcome and Pinning Ceremony on Friday, September 17 from 12:00PM-3:00PM EST in the Stein Auditorium
- Undergraduate OLs:
- Attend College Day on Wednesday, September 14 from 9:00AM to 3:00PM EST in Nesbitt Hall.
- Master’s OLs (face to face)
- Attend 4 virtual Graduate Orientation sessions held between Tuesday, September 7 and Friday, September 11 between 8:00AM to 5:00PM EST.
- Attend in person Graduate Orientation sessions on Monday, September 13 and Tuesday, September 14 between 8:00AM to 5:00PM EST.
- Master’s OLs (online):
- Attend 4 virtual Graduate Orientation sessions on Monday, September 13 and Tuesday, September 14 between 8:00AM to 5:00PM EST.
- Attend virtual Graduate Orientation sessions on Monday, September 13 and Tuesday, September 14 between 8:00AM to 5:00PM EST.
Please note that the schedule for Orientation is still being developed and is subject to change. If you are interested but have a question regarding the described time commitment, please complete the registration form by Wednesday, August 4, and contact Michelle Quigley with any questions.