Join the Graduate School and Office of Postdoctoral Affairs and Professional Development for a virtual resilience and professional skills training program!
Navigating graduate school, the career planning and exploration process, research environments, and the stress of everyday life can seem overwhelming and lead us to doubt ourselves, including in times when we need to be strong and confident the most. The goal of this virtual training series is to help you develop the resilience you need to navigate challenging situations in graduate school, career, and everyday life. The webinars will highlight emotional intelligence competencies needed for academic success and for thriving in research and career.
- Unit 1 (Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. ET): An Introduction to Resilience and Wellness
- Unit 2 (Monday, February 15, 2021 at 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. ET): Exploring our Self-Talk: Cognitive Distortions and Imposter Fears
- Unit 3 (Monday, March 8, 2021 at 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. ET): Emotions and Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace
- Unit 4 (Monday, March 30, 2021 at 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. ET): Self-Advocacy and Assertiveness for Scientists
- Unit 5 (Tuesday, April 20, 2021 at 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. ET): Developing Feedback Resilience
- Unit 6 (Monday, May 10, 2021 at 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. ET): Managing Up to Maximize Mentoring Relationships