DVAM is a chance for anyone and everyone to unite in the work to end domestic violence. We invite you to help us raise our collective awareness about domestic violence to end abuse for good.
Please help the Office of Equality and Diversity celebrate Domestic Violence Awareness all month long! Below is a list of resources, events and ways to get involved. Stay tuned for more later this month.
- Don’t forget to wear purple this Thursday!!! October 22 for #PurpleThursday. Purple is the official color of DVAM. If everyone participating in DVAM wears purple, we can show survivors that there is a community of support surrounding them and working to end domestic violence.
- Check your technology practices! Technology Safety: A toolkit for survivors.
- Learn about safety planning. Learn why safety planning is important and create your own safety plan.
- Educate yourself on domestic violence.
- Learn about healthy relationships and take the pledge to #LoveBetter.
- Check out these coloring pages. A great way to take a break and practice self care.